Because Salsa Can't Be Cured

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Donate to the Iraq Salsa Pack

Did you know that salsa is hot in Iraq? I didn't either, until I received an email from a student of mine that got stationed over there. When I saw the pictures, it really moved me. The thought of our troops using salsa to take their minds off their trouble reminded me what salsa is really all about... having fun, feeling alive, and being free.

No matter what your situation is, no matter what kind of sh*t you are going through, when you dance salsa, for those few minutes your are on the dance floor, everything is ok.

So, I decided I had to do something to help that feeling last a little longer. I'm going to send a big care package over to the troops. I want to include CD's, DVD's, snacks, and all kinds of stuff. If you are interested in donating something, please let me know. You can email me at rob (at) montereysalsa.com. I'm particularly looking for good music to send out there.

I'm not a non-profit organization, so I can't promise you a tax break or anything. But I will promise you that anything you donate WILL GO to the troops in Iraq. Even if no one else donates anything, I'm still going to make a box and send it over there myself. But, it would be so cool to let them know that there were other people that appreciated them.

So, if you are interested in contributing something, let me know. I will make sure that your name and a message from you is included when I send the package. And, I'm also going to put up a special page to commemorate the people that decide to donate something. So, I'm putting it out there and asking for your help right now.

Far away, in the desert, there are soldiers that were sent by our country to do a very dangerous mission. Regardless of how you feel about that mission, the fact is, they answered the call, and they are in harms way. One of the only bright spots that they have right now is salsa dancing. So, lets do something to make that light a little brighter. Let's HOOK THEM UP with so much salsa goodness they'll forget all about that war. At least for a moment.

Donate something to the Iraq Salsa Pack.

You can contact me here if you want to participate:

email: rob (at) montereysalsa.com
phone: 310-928-1392










2 Comments:

Blogger keegan said...

Dancing is fun-filled for dancers at all levels. Dancingsalsa
fills life with fun. Dancers show their talents and hard work in dance competitions and on the stage shows.There is an awesome website which helps to prepare for salsa dance shows.

3:42 AM

 
Blogger Toronto Dance Salsa said...

Thank you for providing another great avenue for salsa dancers to find more information and a community. I always recommend my students visit these online blogs to get advice and guidance on how to improve as a dancer. I also have a salsa blog at: http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/blog/ so check that one out. Thanks!

Sharon Galor
Toronto Dance Salsa
http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/salsa-classes.php

2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home