Because Salsa Can't Be Cured

Saturday, September 09, 2006

En La Ciudad De La Havana

If you're like me, you're always on the lookout for good new salsa music. Well, if so, you're going to like this song I have for you! Actually, you should be hearing it right now!




This song was never actually released. I heard it on one of Eric Freeman's Cuban videos, and I LOVED it. But, I couldn't figure out who it was. I emailed Eric and asked him about 'that one song', and he told me that the song came from a demo tape mady by a Cuban band called La Dinastia. It's called "En La Ciudad de la Havana".

I asked him where I could pick up the CD... and he said, "You can't." Apparently, the group had broken up. But, I was haunted by this song. I NEEDED to dance to it, at least one time. I begged and pleaded, and Eric being the cool guy that he is, gave me a copy.

And now, in that spirit, I want to share it with you. This isn't slow, salsa Romantica type *ish, so be warned. It's STR8 HEAT! So if you feel like sweating, grab a partner and crank this. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Have a nice weekend, and rip some floor for me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home